Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas was good



Christmas was so good this year. I don't know where to start.

We started off the holiday season by going to Boone, NC to get our Christmas tree, and found a winter wonderland! There was a fresh layer of snow! That really got us in the holiday mood. We picked out a 10 foot tree, and brought it home. The family tree is where we showcase. Whenever we go on a trip, or an adventure we try to pick up an ornament to remember it by. So this year we added alot of favorites! We added a jellybean from the jellybelly factory, a trolley car from San Fransico, a tomahawk from the Cherokee mountains, the statue of liberty, a redwood tree, and a sealoin! We all have our favorite ornament! We are going to need a really big tree if we keep going on all of these adventures!

We were also blessed to have Judy spend the holiday season with us. We have kept her very busy, shuffling her to school parties, horse lessons, church, and a shopping marathon.

Dave and I both had Christmas Eve off this year, which was a blessing. We started out that morning by making a peppermint cake Emma found a recipee for. She was reading a Christmas cookbook, and picked it out all by herself, so we made it for her. It was a big project. We sifted, measured, whipped, baked and iced for about 3 hours. Well worth the holiday memory. Later that night she said she didn't really like it, it was just too pepperminty. Oh well.

Then as tradition would have it we go to my moms. We all get together. It is a night of excitement and huge anticipation. Before we open presents though, we read the nativity from a book I bought Dave when we were dating. We try to take a few minutes out of the hustle and bustle to refocus on the true meaning of Christmas.

Then the mayhem begins. . . This year was fun for me, because Robbie and Angie and I got to go in and buy my mom a laptop! Robbie had fun picking out the specs and customizing it just for mom. It was such a treat to watch her.

After the craziness we come back home. The girls sprinkled reindeer food out on the yard, put Santa's cookies out, and got to unwrap a new pair of jammies. This year, those girls could not go to sleep!

But. . . Christmas morning was worth the wait! Maggi found a stable, horses, and lots of treats. Emma found a DSI, games, and more treats. Then Judy sent them on a treasure hunt for their American Girl Dolls. Amazing.

This year, Judy even got an American Girl Doll. This year was about indulging in our "wishes" not being practical.

Then we were blessed to be able to go to my dad's for Christmas Day. It is fun to find out who went to bed the latest and got up the earliest. And to find out what all Santa brought.

I haven't had a chance to upload all my Christmas pictures, but these are a few of my favorite.















I don't know where we will be next year for Christmas, but I know that whever we are, or how is beside us, my family will always be in my heart. Thank you all for making my Christmas so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment