Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Location Location Location

"Father, Give me your eyes to see others around me, to see their needs and their hurts. Fill my heart with your compassion for my lost neighbors, colleagues and family members. And Lord, May my location always be in the center of your will."

Amen

From the book, Voices of the Faithful.

What an awesome reminder today, that no matter where I am, Costa Rica, Clover, Springfield, or California, may I always desire to be where He wants me to be, and to be reaching out to hurting people.

God puts each one of us in a place for a specific purpose. We may not be able to see it now, but as time and circumstances begin to reveal themselves, we will see we are part of His bigger plan.

I look back at all the things he has woven into my life at a particular time, but it didn't reveal itself till years later.

Things like

. . . A friendship made at the age of seven at summer camp, became my college roommate, and then her dad the minister that married me.

. . . A few classes at Bible College seemed like it didn't fit into the degree I earned, but became what I needed to become licsenced with the Assemblies of God 15 years later.

. . . that a house we bought 9 1/2 years ago, after seeing it at dusk, placing an offer on it the next day and remodeling it would bring us financial stability and a beautiful home a few years down the road.

. . . That the beauty of country I had worked in as a young teenager, would become the country my family will begin a new life in 20 years later.

. . . the list is endless and I have gotten way off track. . .

All that to say, that whatever your physical,financial, spiritual, or mental location right now, God has a reason for it.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" I Corinthians 2:9

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Amy. Very proud of you and your family. You can do this and you will. Please remember I'm here if you need to talk through your feelings and emotions. Sometimes it's overwhelming but God put all those friends (from Springfield and CR) in your life for a reason. Love you and your family. You are in for an adventure of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete