Sunday, July 31, 2011

In the middle

We are somewhere in the middle tonight.

*We are in the middle of the country (in texas)

*we are in the middle of our budget raising (we are in the low 40% now due to a budget increase)

*we are in the middle of transition (someone asked where we lived today and Emma said "the car")

We packed up our house and our last day there was Wed. Maggi had her honor star crowning, and for that I hope to post some pictures and make a big deal about it.

I had friends come over for some heavy lifting, and some helped vacuum, others prayed for us, it was an emotional day. We were able to fit all of what we were taking with us in an u-haul trailer, with a few things strapped to the top. That was an amazing accomplishment. Some of the things in the trailer will not be going with us, like pictures, I hope to find time to be able to scan them in, so that I will have the electronic copy at my fingertips, wherever we are. The girls will outgrow some of the toys they are bringing with them, but we shaved off alot.

So our final destination flag, according to our gps, will be California. We will most likely live with family while we are there. We have a few stops along the way, one of which will be general council in Phoenix, Arizona. We are planning on taking the girls to the alamo, the grand canyon, and brice national park.

We could use some prayer during this time in the "middle". We are all experiencing different emotions in relation to the "middle". I tried not to cry when I was saying good bye to my friends and family, and then not infront of my girls, but today, I couldn't hold back any longer. Emma had a break down with each goodbye, but has moved on to planning her birthday party which happens to be when we come back to SC in the winter. Maggi has been edgy, not her sweet natured self. Dave is just tired physically, and tries to have tissues ready for whichever of his girls need them. So we could use the prayers.

At this point, if someone were to ask me what the hardest part of the process is. . . it is not the budgeting raising, or giving up things, they are hard, but the hardest part is listening to Maggi and Emma cry themselves to sleep, over saying good by to family,friends, and a dog.

So I don't ask this alot, but if you could remember us in prayer, we would really appreciate it. We still have a long drive, and tonight our car started making a strange sound. . . so we need traveling mercies. . .and with the trailer on the truck, our gas mileage is awful. . . we need winds to speed our journey :) (and lower gas prices

Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead(kinda sounds like the middle to me) I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 3 13(b)-14

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment