Thursday, July 8, 2010

God is in the details

Sometimes things happen that are so random, that you know that they have been orchestrated by God.

Things that remind you that we have a Father who cares about the every detail in your life.

While being her in Cost Rica, God gave me a few details.

Where he was saying to me, "I care about the things that matter to you".

Here are a few examples.

I love hydrangeas. They are my favorite plant. I love their blooms in the early summer. Dave has killed many hydrangeas on my behalf. When we moved to Clover, our new house had a hydrangea bush beside it. Last year, was the first time ever, that I was able to cut the flowers from outside, and use the flowers for an arrangement. This year, my bush was loaded with flowers just getting ready to bloom. I was really sad (really sad) about having to leave that bush. I even had a little bad attitude about it. . . My kind neighbor, knowing how important it was to me, promised to keep a close eye on it. Well, wouldn't you know it, when we arrived here, what was waiting beside my back door. A beautiful blue hydrangea.

God is so good.

After being here a few weeks, the girls are growing tired of the games we brought. So I have been on the look out for a deck of old maid cards. Well, they don't exsist here. Or if they do, I haven't been able to find them. One day last week, someone had a box of things that another family had left here before going to their country. You guess it, there was a pack of old maid cards.

God loves me.

Another example. This weekend, we had an opportunity to rent a house with some amazing new friends for the fourth of July. While at this house (3 hours from life as we have come to know it), my flip flop broke. I was really bummed. I had those flops longer than I have had one of my children. Well, two of the ladies had gone to try to find a market to buy something, and they brought me back a new pair of flip flops, that were red, white, and blue. It was on the fourth of July. In the middle of no where, and I really mean no where. not like Clover in the middle of no where.

Don't tell me God doesn't care.

And lastly, we brought the girls Wed. night Bible study material with us on the trip, so that Maggi could stay current with her stars class. I chose the Latin America badge for her to work on. ONLY GOD would have been able to write that lesson for the Cartwright girls years before, published it in a national program, and drop it in our laps at the perfect time. Our lesson was brought to life. The lesson talked about Latin America ChildCare, which provides food, clothing, education, and medical care for thousands of children throughout the continent. That office is steps away from our apartment. Maggi and Emma got to minister at one of the schools. The lesson went on to talk about how in Argentina, the church is growing so fast, and successfuly that they are sending missionaries to other parts of the world as well. Our neighbors are from Argentina going to be missionaries to Ethiopia.

Who else but MY GOD, can do that?

I can't tell you I have learned alot of Spanish on this trip. I mean I have, but not as much as I wanted to (I wanted to be able to admit a patient in the hospital and totally take care of her . . . )

But I have learned so much more.

For starters, I know that my Heavenly Father pours out His blessings when we least expect it, in the small sublte ways only a parent could do.

That He is more than enough.
That when He calls you to do something. He takes care of the details.


"No eye has seen, no ear has heard and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him"
I Corinthians 2:9




I am not his only child. Take around and look at the details in your life. I wonder how many I have missed being so busy. . .

1 comment: