Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Bike Ride


Emma came to us on Monday asking for us to help her ride her 2 wheel bike. We got her helmet on, laced up our shoes, and got started. It took about 5 minutes before she was off and riding. Literally, that was all it took. No tears, no sweat, no skinned knees.

I was telling a friend about it, and she made a great observation. She said it is all about attitude. If someone believes they can do it, they can. Your mental attitude goes a long way in handling a new situation.

How true! What great advice (I have been blessed to have such great friends). Things seem so simple for Emma, she believes she can do something, and then makes it look effortless as she charges forward. She believes she can do it because she has witnessed her sister do it.

Once again I am amazed how different these 2 girls are. Maggi calculates the risks, assess the situation, probably even thinks about how the weather is going to affect the situation. Afterward she journals, draws pictures and thanks her heavenly Father for keeping her safe. Emma waits till she is ready, charges forward, doesn't look back and rest soundly that night.

I love watching them grow, and learning from each day. I just wish the clock would stop, let me have time to enjoy each moment. I also love that her sissy was on the side line cheering her on. Even our neighbors came out to watch. I love that.










No comments:

Post a Comment