Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Homework




Emma hurried into the car after school, and shouted "I finally have homework!"

Having a big sister often makes Emma want to grow up faster than she should. When Maggi's is at the kitchen table doing her homework, Emma circles her, talking to her, bringing her toys over, eating a snack right beside her. Well today, she was very excited to come home and have her assignment. Just like Maggi she put her book bag down right beside her, sharpened her pencil and started to work. She loved it. It took her about 2.5 minutes and she was done! Assignment complete. An hour and a half later, Maggi is still working. We have heard third grade was tough, and to expect about an hour of homework every night. Yikes

The school year is off to good start. The girls tell the stories of the day, and I wait for each tiny morsel. I love to know who they are sitting with, what activity they chose, who got in trouble. Today Maggi said she ate lunch with Mrs. Westmoreland, the principle. She said she was so nice. I of course probed for more information. . . Maggi said she asked what our names was, and where we went to church. My heart was so happy. I love that my girls go to a school that the principal wants to know if they are going to church. A tiny little hug from my heavenly father!

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.





No comments:

Post a Comment