Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Judy


I wanted to take a minute and honor someone very dear to me. My mother-in-law. I have been thinking about her alot today, and needed to let her know how I feel about her.

She is a wonderful person. She is an inspiration to me.

She did a wonderful job as a single mom raising my husband. She guided him to become an awesome man of the Lord, full of wisdom and gentleness. She worked as a school teacher, and did a wonderful job raising 2 kids on a tight "teacher" budget. David learned how to save money, and make our money stretch by watching his mom. I have seen David and Judy hold on to a birthday gift for several years in a row, saving for a long awaited treasure. David watched his mom forgive those around her, who had hurt her. She not only forgave, but showered those who hurt her with more grace and love than anyone could have expected. David watched that, and to this day, has never held a grudge against anyone, even those that I think could really use one! Judy found strength in a difficult situation, not the strength that comes from within, but that comes from our Father, the one that outlast what we think we can endure. She modeled that for her son, and help lead him to the Lord. She helped keep my husband protected and pure for me, with tears, prayers, and the will power of a mother on her knees.

I have watched her with my own girls. She is more than I could have hoped for as a grandmother. She loves my girls, each for their own uniqueness. She discovers hidden treasures within them. She sends them notes for their lunch boxes (from 3,000 miles away), she sends Valentine treats, back to school dresses, money for the ice cream truck, etc. She sends note of encouragement to a lonely second grade girl who is struggling to find a friend. She has helped them each learn to read, to swim, to find rocks, identify California wild flowers, and how to make choc chip cookies. She stands with me in prayer over each milestone these little girls make.

And for me. I don't know how to start. She has loved and supported me as soon as she learned about me. She knew I was the one for Dave, before she knew my name. Judy has poured me into my life than I can measure. We have laughed, cried, stayed up all night, stayed in our jamies all day, cooked, jammed, danced, and grown together. Not many mother-in-laws would allow their daughter-in-laws to move in, giver her free reign of her home, and simply be blessed to have her there. Encouraging her in every move she made. Judy showed grace and tenderness, even when we announced that we were going to move our family, and our 2 beautiful girls 3,000 miles away from her. Never once questioning the call we had on our lives. She has been so gracious now, to allow us to make a happy home.

Judy, I want you to know how much of a daily part of our lives you are. You are woven into every part of us. I cherish you so much. I want to thank you, far beyond what my words can say.

We all love you here.

We miss you so much.

My prayer, is that this silly little blog allows you to see our day to day silliness, to keep up with all the silly things Emma will say and do that make us laugh out loud, and the beautiful soul searching things Maggi will do.

blessed,
Amy

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her. Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeing; but a women who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Proverbs 3:25-30

No comments:

Post a Comment