Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mommy I will give my piggy bank



As we were driving around Clover dropping every off every one to their activies, Maggi asked if we were poor. I asked why she would think that, and she said it was because we are doing things differently, and had heard Dave and I say we didn't have the money to do. . . (whatever that was at the time).

I explained to her that we were trying to save our money to be able to go to Costa Rica this summer, and we weren't poor just trying to be wise, to make our dream come true.

Then Emma saaid, mommy you can have the money in piggy bank, and the money I was saving for horsecamp. Maggi said, Yea mom, you don't have to get me a birthday gift and I will give my money to Cost Rica to.

Again this mom is redfacing and fighting off a complete breakdown. The cars beside me were probably like, That girl driving those little girls needs some serious help.

Those girls. The ones I want to hang by their toenails for not hanging up their bookbags, the same ones who act like they cant hear me when I call them in from outside, the same girls who tracked dirty shoes through the living room.

Those girls. Got it.

God commands us to do good. to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life. I Timothy 6:17-19

Those girls are teaching IT to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment