Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wheres the Word?



I told Maggi about Pastor Jim. He was my youth pastor when I grew up, and is now Maggi's children's pastor. When I was growing up, if we were able to "catch" him without his Bible, he would give us a dollar. I told Maggi that I was the first to catch him without his Bible, when we were on a mission trip (he just got out of the pool) but needless to say, I caught him (I love a good challenge).

Well, this has inspired Maggi. For the last 2 weeks, she has kept the Word with her, in this little purse she carries around her. She wears it everywhere. I did make her take it off for horseback lessons. She said she doesn't want to be caught without her Bible ever again. She pulls the tiny Gideon out in the car, at school, the dinner table, whever and whenever.

I talked to Pastor Jim today,and told him what an inspiration he was to Maggi and me.
I love that.
I love that Pastor Jim is there for my little girls.
I love even more that Maggi has hidden the Word in her pocket book, and in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment