Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Saturday Rules


Today was my first official Saturday.

After about 3 1/2 years working on the weekends, I made a change. I am now a week day employee. My job has been such a blessing. It has allowed me work to accommodate my family's need. After we moved to South Carolina, David started school. I started to work on the weekends only to make sure that there was always someone here. Now that David finished his school, and is established in his job, we are finally able to change our shifts so that I can come off the weekend. It is bittersweet for me. I have loved not missing anything the girls did during the week. But really felt like I have been away from my home church to long. I am really looking forward being able to go to church as a family once again. This means a huge change in budget for us, but we are all excited about the change. I am excited to be able to be in church on Sunday mornings and being challenged by the word, and encouraged by the people sitting beside me.

Saturdays are a different story. . .

I asked the girls to go clean up the playroom and their bedroom. And Emma informed that they don't do that on Saturdays.

Ohhhh I had no idea.

I think she was very disappointed that they actually had to clean up.

It was a classic Emma moment.

One I was glad I was at home for.

No comments:

Post a Comment