Saturday, May 22, 2010

Packing



Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
If I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
If I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 138:7-9

We are almost ready!

Suitcases are everywhere.
Piles of freshly ironed clothes are stacked all over.
We have new jackets and shoes.
We have our passports and planetickets.
Bugspray and sunscreen are ready to be used.

But most importantly, our hearts are being "packed" too.
God is drawing us closer to him each day.
We realize that no matter how much planning and packing, we need God's protection.
We need his hand on our life guiding us each step of the way.
We need his small voice drawing us to him every morning.
His Word needs to be burried in our hearts.

We are packing more than what we can carry in our suitcases,
We are packing our hearts, minds, and bodies with God's love and protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment